Kind of like a food for thought of the day.
- It's all just another layer of abstraction.
- You can't learn without doing, but you can't do without learning, so try both at the same time.
- "Why" is always the question, "How" will be left as an exercise to the reader.
- It's all just layers of abstraction, so the most important thing is always that which you are abstracting.
- Clients don't know what they want, 'cause it's generally not their job to know. That's why they're hiring you, you and the software are the next layer of abstraction.
- Always keep a paper handy (or maybe OneNote). The task of programming is simply too vast to be completely consumed at once. You will always have more than one item at work and more than one monitor's worth of material, so live with it :)